Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Road Trip

Well, we made it to Nashville!  Little Davis has been in an excellent mood all day and full of smiles.  He is an easygoing traveler, loving the car ride and sleeping pretty much anywhere, which makes the pre-pre-op day easier on mom and dad.

The Ronald McDonald House here at Vanderbilt is full tonight, but Davis Sr. (my dad) used his hotel points and booked us a sweet suite (ha ha).  So for the next two nights, we have a living room, full-size kitchen, big bathroom, and bedroom with a king bed.  These amenities will make things much easier on us.  However, I recently realized I left the freezer bag to keep Davis's breast milk cold tomorrow in my parents' freezer; so all we have is this rather sizable cooler to tote a couple of bottles in all day tomorrow, along with his food, utensils, breast pump, diapers, bibs, clothes, and all the other necessary baby accessories you need to get through a day...looks like we may have to make a run to the store for something a bit more efficient.

Tomorrow we will be at Children's Hospital for much of the day.  I will wake Davis at 4:30 a.m. for a bottle; hopefully he will go back to a peaceful sleep for a few hours.  We are due at the hospital at 9:00 for a sedated echocardiogram.  He will also have a EKG and x-ray.  We will meet with Dr. Christian in the afternoon to discuss surgery details.

As of right now, all we know about surgery day (Friday) is we have to be at the hospital at 6:30 a.m.  This will make for a very early morning for us, as we'll have to pack up all our things and check out of the hotel.  At least we are accustomed to the Eastern time zone so that it won't feel quite as early.  We will be able to stay overnight in the hospital but will also be able to keep trying for a room at the Ronald McDonald House.

I want to thank everybody that has expressed your concern for us; I like to hear your sweet, uplifting words.  We know we have a plethora of people thinking, praying, sending good vibes, whatever it is that you do, and I just want to express how deeply I appreciate all the love and encouragement.

I forgot to take pictures today!!!  So no cuteness to share tonight, but I'll be sure to get some tomorrow.  My understanding is we won't be allowed to take video during our hospital stay but can take all the pictures we want.  So there will be cuteness to come, I promise.

Matt has managed to stay awake as I've typed this in order to get in bed together with our sweet angel resting next to us in his portable crib.  So I better go so that we can try to rest as much as we can while we can; I'll update tomorrow evening with surgery day details.

Peace Baby!

1 comment:

  1. Peace Baby. How appropriate to use my Daddy's words at a time like this.

    ReplyDelete