Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 5 - updates

We have good news and bad news. I never know whether to start with the good or bad. Let's start with the bad so we can end on a good note.

An ultrasound of Davis's throat showed he had a clot in his jugular vein which held his central line for several days. This means he will have to start blood thinning medicine via two daily injections. I will be taught how to administer the injections because he will be sent home with it. We will have to take him to the doctor regularly until the clot disappears. :( This is upsetting because it's just one more thing to worry about. Blood clot formation is very common with his situation though, and the doctors are not too concerned.

The good news is I got to hold my buddy! We cuddled and rocked, and I fed him some milk. He's so skinny compared to his size pre-surgery, but I have no doubt he'll gain weight quickly, especially now that his little heart is fixed.
 
Me and My Buddy

2 comments:

  1. Blessings to you, sweet Kari as you shepherd your sweet little Davis through this difficult time. You are doing an amazing job. Thanks so much for keeping us updated so our prayers can be specific. Love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness gracious. I know you savored every second you held that sweet baby. He savored it too I am sure. You are in my prayers all throughout the day. I don't think an hour goes by that you and Davis and Matt are brought to my mind to bring you before our Almighty Creator. I can't wait until we "remeber when Davis had his surgery". Thank you for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete