Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Back at Home

I know...just because we are home with Little D does not mean I can stop posting about his progress.  I am reminded of this fact by the messages I have received from fans of Davis asking about him (which I don't mind of course...thank you for your concern!).  I promise I will continue to keep up this blog; it's just been busy around here!  At the hospital, we had lots of nurses and doctors to help us...here, it's just us!

Poor little Davis is not himself right now.  Those of you that know Davis know that he just may be the most pleasant, chill baby ever.  But he has not been a happy camper - he just doesn't feel good!  I suspect that not only does he continue to have pain, but he is a bit traumatized from his experience.  I would be too; his whole world was turned upside down!  I think it's going to take awhile to get him back to being comfortable, physically and emotionally.

Our new situation is hard on me because I'm already tired and stressed about caring for him the best I can (I am slowly building confidence with the medicines and injections), and he is requiring more attention to help him be comfortable, not that I mind.  Gramma came for a couple days to help, and now DD is here.  Not only that, we have had our kitchen stocked by Matt's parents as well as our best friends in the world!!  When we returned home from Nashville, we were surprised with "Welcome Home Davis" signs and lots of food and goodies to keep us fed for several days.  Sneaky friends!!  We love you!

Our cardiologist visit yesterday did not result in any new findings.  Dr. Johnson pretty much confirmed what we already knew.  He will closely watch the right leaky valve as well as the blood clot.  He doesn't think that Davis's lung is collapsed at all but sees some fluid in and around the right lung on the x-ray.  I am surprised Davis isn't glowing from all the radiation from the numerous x-rays he has received so far in his lifetime.  I am not much for modern medicine for the majority of human illnesses, but I definitely appreciate it for helping with the issues we face with Davis's heart.  Because of such medical advances, Davis will most likely be able to live a long, happy life!  All the tests and medicines make me cringe, but it's necessary in his case.  And I LOVE Dr. Johnson and know Davis is in good hands.


For those of you not on facebook, here is the picture from Davis's last day at the hospital - cute little buddy!  I'm too lazy to take and post more pictures today, but don't you worry, I will get some good ones soon (it's almost time for 7-month chair/bear photo!)...I just wanted to get this information out while I had the chance because I know so many of you care and want to pray for specific concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment