Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I Am Thankful


November is such a significant month for me.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I just love how laid back it feels and enjoy being able to spend time with family, just being together and reflecting on our many blessings.  Plus it kicks off the Holiday season!  This year, my baby will be 9 months old on Thanksgiving, and I have been looking forward to this time of year SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.  There is just something about your first holiday season with your first child in the world.

Although I have an incredible amount of blessings for which to be thankful on this Thanksgiving day, it is not the only reason that November is a significant month for me.  It was about this time last year that I learned that Davis would require heart surgery as an infant and that he had Down Syndrome.  I invite you to read our story here and vote for it if you feel led to do so.  The two stories with the most votes at the end of the month will be published in the National Down Syndrome Society monthly newsletter - that would be AWESOME, because then even more people will read our story and learn about incredible Davis!

I am looking forward to taking Davis's picture tomorrow in his mini-recliner with his buddy bear.  Here are his photos from the last three months:

6 months

7 months

8 months
Sheesh, just too much cuteness.

Also, I just want to mention that Davis's little friend Coleson will have the same heart surgery that Davis had on November 28th, so please keep Coleson in your thoughts and prayers.

Have a very happy Thanksgiving!!!! 

Here is the link again for our story:
http://www.ndss.org/My-Great-Story/Virtual-Storybook/Family/One-Year/

No comments:

Post a Comment