Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

First DS Support Group

Today we went to our first Down Syndrome support group at a local park.  It was a beautiful day for it!  We met several children age 3 and under; Davis was the youngest one there.  I can't even explain how wonderful it will be for me to learn from these other parents who have walked in my shoes and for Davis to make new friends.  We plan on meeting once a month.  I already learned a lot in the short hour we spent with the group today about the others' experiences with sign language, siblings, therapies, etc...  I grabbed my camera to try to get a picture of Davis with his new buddy Gavin before he got too sleepy, but he beat me to it and fell asleep in my arms.  We'll get a picture next time!

In the meantime, check out this video I got this afternoon of Davis in his crib.  What a sweet, happy boy!

 

3 comments:

  1. He's so cute. I can't wait to meet him. Sorry we missed you guys when we were there for Memorial Day.

    Jon-Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have found a group. I learn the most by talking to other mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon-Michael, we were out of town anyway. Just give us a shout next time you guys are in town. And thanks for the comment Emily.

    ReplyDelete