Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

My 1st Mother's Day

Last night was like the night before Christmas - I was looking forward to my first Mother's Day so much that I couldn't sleep!  As any mom knows, those first few weeks after having your first baby are such a whirlwind that I think it takes awhile to wholeheartedly realize that you are actually a mother and that your life will never be the same.  It's like you're acting on pure instinct versus intellect, which is good when you are that sleep-deprived.  Well, last night was my moment; I was fully realizing all that motherhood encompasses...and that I truly am a mother to this wonderful, intricate, beautiful little human being.
 
Matt and Davis had lots up their sleeves for me today, those sneaky boys. ;)  I got to sleep in until 8:00 (I never thought I would say sleeping 'til 8 was sleeping in) and woke up to flowers, chocolates, breakfast, and the cutest face in the world.        >  

Davis got to meet his Gran-Gran's extended family today!  I think he is particularly smitten with his Great Granny though:

  
Now if that's not precious, I don't know what is.  Isn't she lovely?  I hope I look this beautiful if I'm ever a Great Granny!
 
I also can't get enough of the little shoe-socks on those chubby legs. ;)

 










Davis was passed around from one family member to the next, staring and smiling at all the faces.  He was one tuckered out little boy!  That's me with sleepy Davis and his cute frog bottom.     

We made a lot of memories today, happy ones.  I am one lucky, blissful mama, that's for sure!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment