Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Surgery Update

In the holding room waiting to go back to the operating room.  Such a trooper!

Surgery day has gone rather smoothly thus far.  We all managed to get some sleep last night - not as much as usual but enough to function.  Davis did very well coping with not having breakfast.  I got lots of cuddle time with him in between admission and leaving him with the nurses.

All the grandparents are here and so is Aunt Kelli.  Several other family members and friends have been by to see us.  Matt and I are doing just fine - we have plenty going on to keep us distracted.

We've received regular updates throughout the surgery.  As of the last update, the repair had been made and confirmed accurate by an echo.  They are working toward getting him closed, but this will take at least another hour.  Then it will be probably another couple of hours to make sure he is stable and get him set up in his intensive care room.

I'll do my best to update this evening with his progress.  I believe all your prayers are working, and we thank you!  I have enjoyed reading your texts and facebook comments.  I made sure to show Matt all the love you guys are sending our way.

I miss my buddy!

1 comment: